Monday, March 1, 2010

40 - Backseat Driver

Ok, time for me to play major catch-up. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was in Seattle last week visiting my family during my dad's heart surgery. Tuesday was pretty much the longest day of my life, but everything went well, and despite a few small setbacks, my dad came home Saturday! It's going to be another 6 weeks of recovery time, so your prayers are still definitely appreciated.

Needless to say, I spent most of the week driving around doing errands, cooking meals, and spending time at the hospital. I did take some photos, though not as many as I otherwise would have - especially given the AMAZING weather and the beautifully sunny week! It only sprinkled for about an hour right after I landed, then it didn't rain again at all the rest of the week. It was simply gorgeous. Oh, did I mention that it was in the mid-high 60s, and that all the cherry trees were blossoming? Ah, I miss spring in the Pacific Northwest!

I'm going to be posting a number of photos over the next few days as I try to catch up... and I'll probably back-date them just for my own convenience (it helps me keep track of where I am). Today's photo is one of my "little" brother -- my little brother who's 5'10" and turning 16 next month. I still remember the day he was born. How is it that he's now driving a car?! Watch out, folks!  ;)

No comments: