Tuesday, March 2, 2010

42 - Tevye

Back in my younger years (since I'm so old now, you know), I did a lot of theatre with Studio East. Studio East is a training school for the performing arts, and once I discovered it when I was 14, I didn't really ever leave again until college. I was constantly doing shows, taking classes, and spent two summers doing their Young Actors' Professional Intensive. To this day, some of my closest friends are people I met at the Studio.

When I was home, I got a chance to stop by a rehearsal for their current show, Fiddler on the Roof. Back in 2000, during the Studio's original production of Fiddler, I was the fiddler. As silly as it may be, that had been one of my dream roles. I got to combine a few of my loves - theater and violin - and had the time of my life. (I also got to play a guy - complete with beard stubble and all. Who could pass that up?) 


Above is a photo of Tevye, right before the song, "If I Were a Rich Man". If you're in the Seattle area, you can purchase tickets for the show (which opens this Friday) and take a trip to Anatevka. It's just what you should do, right? Of course right!

No comments: