Friday, March 19, 2010

59 - Blooming Whites

Here are a few more Spring blooms for you... in white!

I found this little trio and it made me think of the nursery rhyme, Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary. I don't really know much about anything in regards to gardening and flower types, but I at least know these aren't lady bells. However, they still make me think of bells and spring and gardens and dew drops and early mornings and happiness, right?


Now... take a look below... can you believe the orange in the center of these?! Most of the shots from this week have come from my walks between our elementary and middle school campuses, and each time I passed by these flowers below, I just couldn't get over the brilliance of the orange and its contrast against the white. Kind of breathtaking, huh?


2 comments:

Miah said...

What kind of lens is this, and what settings are you using?

Hannah said...

I used my 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens for both shots. So, basic of basics, but it works well!

For the first shot, my settings were: 55mm, f/5.6, 1/200s, ISO: 400

The second shot was: 55mm, f/5.6, 1/100s, ISO: 100


When I'm "on the go" I mostly tend to shoot on the Apertrue (Av) setting with automatic focus, but lately I've been playing around a bit more with manual focus (the previous entry's photos were all shot with manual focus) and just shooting in manual in general!