Saturday, March 6, 2010

45 - Little Wonders

Let me just say, this is one of my favorite photos yet. When I was back in Seattle, I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with my dear, dear friend, Patye. We've known each other for about 11 years now, and we're really just twins separated in age by about 4 years. We've gotten to see each other through some really hard times in life, but it's the wonderful ones I remember most. Those include being there as we both started dating our future (Asian!) husbands, as we got married to those (respective) Asian cuties, and as Patye and her husband, Minh, welcomed their first daughter, Amelie, to the world 2.25 years ago.

This May, another big event is about to take place in Patye, Minh, and Amelie's life... little Lucy! I can't wait to be "Auntie Hannah" again, but before that happens, Patye asked if I'd do a little documentation of Lucy before she arrives. It was a bit crazy trying to fit it in around errands and hospital visits and cooking meals for the freezer, but I'm glad we did!

The session actually ended up being more of a family shoot than just maternity pictures, so while there will be some belly pictures later, I just couldn't wait to share this one of Patye and Amelie. They were on the ground looking up at the sky, and I truly hope that Amelie nevers loses the sense of wonder and excitement she had that day.



P.S. The title for this comes from the song Little Wonders by Rob Thomas:

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours still remain

3 comments:

Barb said...

Your photos are a highlight to my day, your writing is engaging and your titles are stupendous!! You inspire me.

angero said...

Goosebumps and a little tear in my eye. This is such a moving moment caught. Well done.

Hannah said...

Thank you! I really love this one. This is what photography is all about for me!