Tuesday, February 16, 2010

27 - Cinnamon Rolls

Ooops! It officially happened -- I missed my first day. But, I did get in 26 days before it happened! That's pretty good. A 96% success rate, even. Totally a passing grade. Hum, I think I just gave away the fact that I've been a teacher and probably am still a teacher at heart. Oh well. =)

So, I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because it was our belated Valentine's Day/1.5-year anniversary celebration. I actually intentionally left my camera at home, because I wanted to be sure I was focusing on just being with Josh, instead of documenting our being together. Fair enough, right? Don't worry, I'm sure he'll continue to be in many of my photos (he doesn't really have a choice).

Today's picture is a shot of how our day of celebration started: cinnamon rolls! Now, I eat cinnamon rolls maybe... once a year? once every two years? So they're sort of a special item just to begin with. However, what makes these particular rolls even more special is the fact that I made these... COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH. Yes, folks, it's true. I wanted to make something nice, and even though I'm semi-afraid of making breads from scratch (totally intimidating), I had everything on hand that I needed for these rolls, which is saying something, given our snowed-in condition last week. So, this is my first-ever attempt at cinnamon rolls, without even having helped someone make them, and I must admit, I think they turned out pretty darn well. They're also quite delicious, mhmm!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nicely done, Hannah. Where did you get the recipe? Please share!!

Hannah said...

You have Better Homes & Gardens to thank. Well, really, I guess it's more ME that has them to thank... but sure, I'll try and get you the recipe soon.

And hey, good thing I baked cinnamon rolls so I can see my oven heats unevenly, right? ;)

Robin said...

definitely.
I have the BH&G cookbook. I'll have to take a look and try it out. Hooray for yummy baked breakfast food goodness and ovens that work!!

Katharine said...

they look wonderful! you're such a good wifey! :)