Monday, February 1, 2010

13 - Red Scarf

This is my 4th winter in Philly. You would think I'd be used to the fact that we get cold winters, right? Yet every year, when we get a 1-2 week "warm" spell in January, I get this hope that maybe, just maybe, we'll have a whole winter with temperatures in the mid-high 30s. Yeah, I know it's crazy, but hey, I'm from Seattle. The hope of mild winters will probably never leave me.

But alas, no matter how much I hope, I always get slammed with the cruel, brutal reality of brittle cold winters. We just had one of those "warm" spells, where we had highs in the high 30s and even a few days in the low 40s... and then got a harsh, harsh reminder that it is actually winter when we dropped down into the teens. Yesterday, according to weather.com, it "felt like" 5 degrees outside.... 5 degrees.

My friend Isaac, however, is ready to take on this crazy winter cold. And, he's pretty stinking adorable doing so, wouldn't you say?


2 comments:

Katharine said...

oh I love this boy. He is always looking so cute like this!

angero said...

Little cutie face!! Love it.