Saturday, July 3, 2010

134 - Setting up Camp

It all started with this:


No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That tent is, in fact, as old, and maybe even slightly older, than I am! The best part about it? This is the first time it had been used. Yup. Hadn't even been out of the box!



While my family went camping quite a bit when I was younger, Josh's family... well, they're New Yorkers. They bought the tent... they meant to use it... but... well... um, that's got to count for something, right? Even if 25 years after they bought it, they passed it on to us in its original, unopened condition? =)




Josh and Jacob (my little brother, visiting from Seattle for a couple weeks) worked hard to get things set up... and while I did help with the tent a bit (I couldn't let them have all the fun), I also took a few photos and got the food out. Mmm. Nothing like getting all the snacks you otherwise wouldn't buy...



Then we were done! And we had a tent! And folding chairs from home! Hooray!


And that's the end of Part I... check back for Part II later!

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, we were out at French Creek State Park near Birdsboro, PA, about 1 hour, 15 minutes from our house in Philly.)

No comments: